Sewage Treatment, Surface Water Run-Off & Rainwater Harvesting Solutions
In 2012 new legislation came into force for owners of all Domestic Wastewater Treatment Systems (DWWTS) in Ireland. The Water Services (Amendment) Act 2012
includes registration and inspection arrangements. This means that all on-site septic tank systems or domestic wastewater treatment systems will have to be registered.
There are 440,000 wastewater treatment systems (such as Septic Tanks and Bio treatment Units) serving single houses in Ireland.
What do I need to do?
All existing DWWTS should have been registered by the 1st February 2013, if you have not registered you may still do so on the Protect Water website
Once registered, you will then have to have an inspection carried out on the tank to ensure it is in good working order.
If you have neglected to have your tank clean out on a regular basis (recommendation is every 2 years for aseptic tank and every year for a bio unit) then it is expected that your tank is not working as efficiently as it should be.
- Your septic tank may need to be de-sludged/emptied.
- Your percolation area may need to be replaced.
- Your septic tank may need to be replaced.
What can we do for you?
- We carry out a free consultation and assessment.
- We can de-sludge or empty your septic tank.
- We can improve/replace your percolation area.
- We can improve/replace your septic tank.
Rainwater Harvesting System installation
- With Home Water Meters now in place, you can reduce water usage by installing a rainwater harvesting system.
- Rainwater harvesting is environmentally friendly – keep treated mains water for drinking and washing.
- Use rainwater for watering the garden, washing the car and flushing toilets.
Fergus Collins Construction are accredited Installers for Kingspan and Klargester, call Fergus on 086-2108202 for a free quotation.